Livecyte: The Challenges of Live Cell Imaging
You are invited to attend these free seminars!
The Livecyte system from Phasefocus is a complete imaging and analysis system optimised for long term, non-invasive monitoring of live cells label-free. Livecyte utilises QPI (Quantitative Phase Imaging) combined with correlative fluorescence imaging to extract a suite of information to report both morphological and kinetic phenotypes at a single cell level.
In this seminar we will demonstrate the intuitive workflow and multiple outputs from a single time-lapse experiment using the Livecyte automated cell imaging and analysis software. Finally we will demonstrate some of the exciting applications such as, Scratch Wound Healing Assay, Analysis of Heterogeneous Cell Populations, Mitotic Time, Cytotoxicity, Cell Viability, Random Motility and much more, all without using labels.
Dates and Venues
- Monday 6th August, Perth, 10:30-11:30 am (Curtin University) and 2-3 pm (Harry Perkins Institute)
- Tuesday 7th August, Adelaide, 1-3 pm (University of Adelaide)
- Wednesday 8th August, Melbourne, 10-11 am (University of Melbourne) and 2-3 pm (Monash University)
- Thursday 9th August, Wollongong/Sydney, 10:30-11:30 am (University of Wollongong) and 2:30-3:30 pm (University of Sydney)
- Friday 10th August, Brisbane, 11-12 pm (Translational Research Institute)
Dr Rakesh Suman, Biological Applications Scientist for Phasefocus Ltd, is responsible for the development of novel biological applications using the LiveCyte label-free ptychographic microscope. He has coordinated a number of collaborative studies, both nationally and internationally, between academic institutions and the pharmaceutical industry and is focused on providing tailored customer support.
Who should attend
All scientists with an interest in using new label-free, high contrast cell imaging techniques to clearly understand the impact of drug treatments, genetic modifications or environmental factors.
Participation is free of charge. You can register by completing the registration form on our web site or by sending us an email to email@example.com
RSVP: 3 August 2018